It now feels concrete – the venue has been booked, posters and tickets are being printed and Shepherd Neame have a webpage about the event on their website – see: http://www.oldbrewerystore.co.uk/events/hopping-down-kent-community-folk-opera
Many thanks to Shepherd Neame and Ideas Test for sponsoring us.
Tickets will be available later this week from Shepherd Neame, in person at the Brewery Shop (Court Street, Faversham) or by calling the Box Office: 01795 542285.
What is Hopping Down in Kent?
It’s a multimedia community-based folk opera, with songs old and new, spoken word, moving images, interviews of people’s memories of hopping, and photography past and present.
It will feature a stellar cast of singers, musicians, actors and artists from Swale and Medway:
- Songs old and new
- A new choir of local people
- Spoken word – prose/poetry – collaborating with local writing talent
- Audio interviews of those who’ve experienced hopping
- Projection of moving images and photographs, past and present
- Dean Tweedy will be painting a mural live during the show